William has nearly 35 years’ experience as a Solicitor, most of which has been spent in increasingly senior in-house roles with companies such as Guinness, Bulmers, LINPAC Group and Spirax-Sarco Engineering spanning FMCG, packaging and engineering. He has also served as Company Secretary of a UK listed public company and as a director of subsidiary trading companies both in the UK and in Europe. He also has considerable experience of contracts with overseas partners.
William’s particular expertise and interests lie in:
- Commercial contracts of all kinds ranging from distribution and supply agreements to intellectual property licences, R&D agreements and joint ventures
- Corporate acquisitions and reorganisations
- Intellectual property (both contentious and non-contentious) matters covering trade marks, designs and copyright and patents, including successfully resolving a major issue concerning extremely well-known “split trade marks”
- Competition law and regulatory matters, including winning a case on European packaging regulations before the European Court of Justice
- Corporate compliance and risk management including devising and delivering in-house compliance programmes
- Employment matters
William is based in the West Midlands near Cheltenham.